Employers, managers, supervisors, and human resources professionals should have a sound understanding of California labor laws, 2019, so that they can communicate the legal requirements to their hourly-paid employees. As well, they need to be well-versed so that they can provide non-exempt employees with the opportunities to take their entitled meal and rest periods.
By the end of the course, you will be informed about the California employment law so that you will be better-equipped to assist your company in being California-compliant with meal and rest periods.
Areas Covered in the Webinar:
- Understand the basic requirements under California meal break and rest break law.
- Walk through the effects of the California Supreme Court decision of Brinker Restaurant Corporation v. Supervisor Court on meal and rest periods.
- Discuss specific sub-topics pertaining to waivers and on-duty meal periods; rest periods; and, on-call rest periods.
- Review common violations by employers in attempting to follow the law.
- Enumerate the penalties and remedies for violations under the California employment law.
- Review examples of recent settlements.
- Review best practices for compliance.
- Identify resources for further information about the requirements
Who Will Benefit:
- Human Resources
- Labor Compliance professional
- Training and Development staff
- Talent Management staff