- Holiday Inn San Jose - Silicon Valley, web sites will explicitly ask when they need information that personally identifies you or allows them to contact you ("Personal Information"). Generally this information is requested when making reservations, joining the Priority Club® Worldwide frequent traveler program, registering for a site, when requesting a particular service, or when entering a sweepstakes or contest. When possible, Holiday Inn San Jose - Silicon Valley web sites will provide you with the means to make sure that your Personal Information is correct and current.
- Holiday Inn San Jose - Silicon Valley web sites and its service providers use your Personal Information to operate the sites, provide services, and to inform you of new features, services, and products. Some Holiday Inn San Jose - Silicon Valley web sites may also carefully select other companies to send you information about their products or services but are not necessary to its operation (a "Secondary Use").
- If a Holiday Inn San Jose - Silicon Valley web site intends to use Personal Information for a Secondary Use, Holiday Inn San Jose - Silicon Valley will provide you with the ability to decline this service.
- Holiday Inn San Jose - Silicon Valley web sites may disclose Personal Information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) comply with applicable law or with legal process served on Six Continents Hotels, Inc. or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Holiday Inn San Jose - Silicon Valley, or this site, and (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Holiday Inn San Jose - Silicon Valley, the site, or the public.
- If at any time you believe that a Holiday Inn San Jose - Silicon Valley web site has not adhered to these principles, please notify Holiday Inn San Jose - Silicon Valley by e-mail at email@example.com and we will use all commercially reasonable efforts to promptly determine and correct the problem.
Service MarksThe following are some of the service marks owned by Six Continents Hotels, Inc., its subsidiaries or affiliates: Holiday Inn®, Crowne Plaza®, Holiday Inn Express® in the Americas, Express by Holiday InnSM in Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific, Holiday Inn Select®, Holiday Inn Garden CourtSM, Holiday Inn SunSpree® Resort, Staybridge Suites® by Holiday Inn®, Holiday Inn Family SuitesSM Resort , Holidex®, Priority Club®, Inter-Continental®, Forum®,and Six Continents Club®. Centra® in Canada and Mexico; CentraSM in the U.S.; ParkroyalSM in the U.S. and Canada; Parkroyal® in Mexico.
IntroductionWe understand you may have questions about how we collect and use the information that you provide to us and the privacy of your Personal Information. To be clear, by Personal Information, we mean data that could be used to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, or any other information that can be linked or is linkable to you.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts
Attn: Privacy Department
4501 N. Fairfax Drive, Suite 500
Arlington, VA 22203
Information We Collect on this Website and How We Use ItWe collect only basic Personal Information about you such as your name, e-mail address, telephone number, and any other information you choose to provide so that we may process your requests such as contacting you about hotel development opportunities. In addition, if you choose to sign-up to receive e-mail updates we will use your e-mail address to send you the requested information. All required and optional information is clearly denoted on any form presented to you.
"Do Not Track" Requests/SignalsThis website does not support, nor respond to, "do not track" or similar technical requests.
Sharing Your Personal InformationWe do not sell or otherwise make your Personal Information available to any third parties for their own use. We do use third parties to perform services such as (i) hosting this website and the Careers website and systems, (ii) storing Personal Information you expressly provide to us, (iii) storing and processing information about the use of this website, and (iv) sending you emails with your permission. These service providers are contractually prohibited from using any Personal Information for their own use. They were engaged to provide specific services and the use of any Personal Information they have access to will be dictated by us.
- To third parties that you authorize to receive such information.
- In connection with or during negotiation of any merger, financing, acquisition or dissolution, transaction or proceeding involving sale, transfer, divestiture, or disclosure of all or a portion of our business or assets.
- compelled by law or court order to act differently;
- required or elect to notify you of a security breach; or
- directed by a government entity to provide Personal Information to support an investigation and we believe in good faith that providing the information is necessary to investigate or protect against harmful activities to or by our customers, website visitors or property.
Securing Your Personal InformationWe understand that the security of your Personal Information is important. We use a variety of industry-standard administrative, technical and physical controls designed to protect your information. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we use reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Accessing Your Personal InformationYou are in control of the Personal Information that you provide to us. If you would like to access any Personal Information we maintain about you please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Children's PrivacyThis website is not intended for use by children and we do not knowingly collect any Personal Information from children. Anyone under the age of 13 is prohibited from using this website.
- what information we collect
- how we collect it
- how we use it
- the security measures we take concerning your Personal Information
- whether it is shared and with whom
- your rights concerning your Personal Information
What Personal Information does Interstate collect and why?We may collect your name, e-mail address, telephone number, and any other information you choose to provide so that we may process your requests such as contacting you about hotel development opportunities. All required and optional information is clearly denoted on any form that you are presented. If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply.
With whom does Interstate share my Personal Information with?We do not sell or otherwise make your Personal Information available to any third parties for their own use. We do use third parties to perform services such as (i) hosting this website and the Careers website and systems, (ii) storing Personal Information you expressly provide to us, (iii) storing and processing information about the use of this website, and (iv) sending you emails with your permission. These service providers are contractually prohibited from using any Personal Information for their own use. They were engaged to provide specific services and the use of any Personal Information they have access to will be dictated by us.
- to our group companies, third party services providers and partners who provide data processing services to us, or who otherwise process Personal Information for purposes that are described in this Privacy Notice or notified to you when we collect your Personal Information;
- to any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person;
- to a potential buyer (and its agents and advisers) in connection with any proposed purchase, merger or acquisition of any part of our business, provided that we inform the buyer it must use your Personal Information only for the purposes disclosed in this Privacy Notice;
- to any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
Legal basis for processing Personal InformationOur legal basis for collecting and using the Personal Information described above will depend on the Personal Information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
How does Interstate keep my Personal Information secure?We use appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the Personal Information that we collect and process about you. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your Personal Information.
Data retentionWe retain Personal Information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
Children's PrivacyThis website is not intended for use by children and we do not knowingly collect any Personal Information from children. Any resident of the EEA or UK who is under the age of 16 is prohibited from using this website.
Your data protection rightsYou have the following data protection rights:
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your Personal Information, you can do so at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided under the "How to contact us" heading below.
- In addition, if you are a resident of the European Union, you can object to processing of your Personal Information, ask us to restrict processing of your Personal Information or request portability of your Personal Information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided under the "How to contact us" heading below.
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the "unsubscribe" or "opt-out" link in the marketing e-mails we send you. To opt-out of other forms of marketing (such as postal marketing or telemarketing), please contact us using the contact details provided under the "How to contact us" heading below.
- Similarly, if we have collected and processed your Personal Information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your Personal Information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your Personal Information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. (Contact details for data protection authorities in the European Economic Area, Switzerland and certain non-European countries (including the US and Canada) are available here.)
Updates to this Privacy NoticeWe may update this Privacy Notice from time to time in response to changing legal, technical or business developments. When we update our Privacy Notice, we will take appropriate measures to inform you, consistent with the significance of the changes we make. We will obtain your consent to any material Privacy Notice changes if and where this is required by applicable data protection laws.
How to contact usIf you have any questions or concerns about our use of your Personal Information, please contact us using the following details: email@example.com
Holiday Inn San Jose - Silicon Valley Privacy Statement
Our Core Beliefs Regarding User Privacy And Data Protection
- User privacy and data protection are a necessity and our duty
- We have the duty of protecting personal data
- Data is a liability, it should only be collected and processed when absolutely necessary
- We loathe spam as much as you do!
- We will never sell, rent or distribute your personal data
- We will not make your personal information public without your consent. Your personal information (name) will be made public only if you wish to make a comment or review on the website.
Relevant LegislationAlong with our business and internal computer systems, this website is designed to comply with the following national and international legislation with regards to data protection and user privacy:
What Personal Information we collect and WhyHere we describe what information is collected and reasons for collecting it. The categories of information collected are as follows:
Reviews and CommentsShould you choose to add a comment or review on our site, the name and email address you enter with your comment will be saved to this website's database, along with your computer's IP address and the time and date that you submitted the comment. This information is only used to identify you as a contributor to the comment section of the respective blog post and is not passed on to any of the third-party data processors detailed below. Only your name and email address that you supplied will be shown on the public-facing website. Your comments and the associated personal data will remain on this site until we see fit to either
- Remove the comment or
- Remove the blog post.
Forms and Email Newsletter submissions on the websiteIf you choose to subscribe to our email newsletter or submit a form on our website, the email address that you submit to us will be forwarded to a third-party marketing platform service company. Your email address will remain within their database for as long as we continue to use the third-party marketing company’s services for the sole purpose of email marketing or until you specifically request removal from the list. You can do this by unsubscribing using the unsubscribe links contained in any email newsletters that we send you or by requesting removal via email. When requesting removal via email, please send your email to us using the email account that is subscribed to the mailing list. Listed below are the pieces of information that we may collect as part of servicing requests on our website:
- Email ID
- Postal Code
- IP Address
Email linksWe only receive an email when a user mails us using an email link. There are no third-party data processors or intermediaries involved.
The data is collated into an email and sent to us over the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP). Our SMTP servers are protected by TLS (sometimes known as SSL) meaning that the email content is encrypted before being sent across the internet. The email content is then decrypted by our local computers and devices.
Revenue Recovery EmailsAs part of Revenue Recovery model, we work with re-marketing service companies to send notification messages if you have abandoned your cart without making a purchase. This is for the sole purpose of reminding customers to complete the purchase if they’d wish to. The re-marketing service companies do a real-time capture of your email ID and cookies to send an email invite to complete the transaction if the customer abandons the cart. However, the email ID of the customer is deleted from their database as soon as the purchase is complete.
“Do Not Sell My Data” - why we don’t have itWe do not sell personal information of our customers or of minors below the age of 16 years to third-party data collectors and hence the “Do not sell my data” opt-out button is optional on our website. Reiterating, we may collect your data for the sole purpose of completing a service request or for marketing communications. If you wish to access or erase your personal information, you can do so by submitting your details here.
Important notice for Minors sharing Personal InformationIf you are under 16 years of age you MUST obtain parental consent before:
- Submitting a form
- Posting a comment on our blog
- Subscribing to our offer
- Subscribing to our email newsletter
- Making a Transaction
Accessing/Deleting Personal InformationShould you wish to view or delete your personal information, please email us here with the email address used, your name and deletion request. Alternatively, you can fill out the form at the bottom of this page to view and/or delete your data stored with us
Third Party Data ProcessorsWe use a number of third parties to process personal data on our behalf. These third parties have been carefully chosen and all of them comply with the legislation set out in section above. If you request for your Personal information to be deleted with us, the request will also be forwarded to the parties below:
Essential cookies and similar technologiesThese are vital for the running of our services on our websites and apps. Without the use of these cookies parts of our websites would not function. For example, session cookies allows a navigation experience that is consistent and optimal to user's network speed and choice of device.
Analytics cookies and similar technologiesThese collect information about your use of our websites and apps and enable us to improve the way it works. For example, analytics cookies show us which are the most frequently visited pages. They also help identify any difficulties you have accessing our services, so we can fix any problems. Additionally, these cookies allow us to see overall patterns of usage at an aggregated level.
Tracking, advertising cookies and similar technologiesWe use these types of technologies to provide advertisements that are more relevant to your interests. This can be done by delivering online adverts based on your previous web browsing activity. Cookies are placed on your browser which will store details of websites you have visited. Advertising based on what you have been looking at is then displayed to you when you visit websites that use the same advertising networks.
Data BreachesWe will report any unlawful data breach of this website's database or the database(s) of any of our third party data processors to any and all relevant persons and authorities within 72 hours of the breach if it is apparent that personal data stored in an identifiable manner has been stolen.
By entering a valid email address that you have access to, we will inform you about any personal information we collect that is associated with that email address and how to manage it.